Whether you are suffering from pregnancy-related musculoskeletal problems (like back pain, pelvic pain, sciatica or carpal tunnel syndrome), Or struggling with bladder or pelvic floor dysfunction causing incontinence, pain, pelvic organ prolapse or sexual dysfunction.
you don’t have to suffer in silence.
Melissa is qualified in taking a thorough history and examination to determine the causes of your symptoms and get you on the right road to recovery.
Common pregnancy related pain or conditions that may be effected my the musculoskeletal system:
· Back, pelvis, hip and rib pain
· Pelvic girdle pain ante and post-natally
*** Melissa is a recommended practitioner of the Pelvic partnership website http://pelvicpartnership.org.uk/list-of-recommended-practitioners/
· Pelvic floor weakness
· Separation of the abdominal muscles (rectus diastasis)
· Pelvic floor weakness resulting in pain, discomfort and/or incontinence
· Pain or dysfunction from your episiotomy or tear
· Caesarean scar pain
A Post-natal assessment to investigate in detail the impact of pregnancy and labour on the pelvic floor, abdominals and pelvic stability muscles can be performed at any stage post-partum (even 10+ years later). However it is highly recommended to be checked out once you have had your 6 week check with the midwife to address any concerns and begin Rehabilitation to improve posture, strength and condition right from the beginning of recovery.
· Urinary incontinence (leaking) or urgency
· Pelvic organ prolapse
· Pelvic pain
· Sexual dysfunction- such as pain, leakage or reduced awareness during intercourse
· Rehabilitation pre / post gynaecological surgery
· Pelvic floor re-eductaion